A tool for reverse engineering 3rd party, closed, binary Android apps. It can decode resources to nearly original form and rebuild them after making some modifications; it makes possible to debug smali code step by step. Also it makes working with an app easier because of project-like file structure and automation of some repetitive tasks like building apk, etc.
It is NOT intended for piracy and other non-legal uses. It could be used for localizing, adding some features or support for custom platforms, analyzing applications and much more.
- Disassembling resources to nearly original form (including
- Rebuilding decoded resources back to binary APK/JAR
- Organizing and handling APKs that depend on framework resources
- Smali Debugging
- Helping with repetitive tasks
APKTool on AndroidTamer
- To decompile an APK:
apktool d file.apk
- To decompile an APK and put it under a specific folder name:
apktool d file.apk folder
- To compile the smali code to APK:
apktool b folder